Our school council is elected at the start of every academic year. Following a short presentation by the candidate, every child in the class votes for their preferred representative in a secret ballot. Elected candidates are announced in the October.
We hold regular meetings where each Year Group representative shares ideas with the aim of making positive and exciting changes to our school.
They are proactive when it comes to our two main charity appeals ‘Children in Need’ and ‘Red Nose Day’, coming up with a range of money-raising ideas for the school to take part in.
The Role of the Council
The school council will undertake the following:
- Work with the SMT (Senior Management Team) and governors to share their opinions on matters which affect the school community
- Liaise between SMT and their classes to discuss ideas
- Develop creative ways to involve parents in the school
- Serve as the voice for the pupils of Newbold Verdon Primary School within the school and within the community
The Role of the School Councillors
The role of the School Councillors is to:
- Listen to the views of their class and represent these ideas and views during school council meetings
- Feedback key issues from these meetings to their class
School Councillors aim to meet every half-term to work on current projects and discuss key issues.
School Councillors have high expectations for their role and have an important role when meeting important visitors to the school.